The year of giving as it is well-known to be, is finally coming to an end. And we’re all ready to welcome the anticipation of the 2018. It’s a mixed feeling of emotions and excitement flowing in. But, we still seem to be lost on how to celebrate this excitement right?
Dubai – The City that is known for its legendary celebrations be it any festival all around the year. Guinness Book of World Record shows with fireworks lighting up the sky, welcoming the new year will all the joy and happiness is the best way to personify how it feels like to be in this city for celebrations.
Here’s our small guide to escort you with everything you should know about your NYE 2018 if you’re in Dubai, and how to go about with everything for a memorable evening.
A year that is going to begin with a world record Light Show that will impress all the visitors, at the world’s tallest building – The Burj Khalifa is not a sight to be missed out upon.
An incredibly choreographed Light Show is also set to achieve a record breaking spectacle giving all of us the best perspective of the Burj.
Make sure you make your way there by 6pm, after which it will be completely difficult to get hold of any place there because of the crowd.
With a strong history of extraordinary fireworks, there is no doubt in the fact that it’s going to be another remarkable night at the Burj Al Arab that lies at the Kite Beach.
Get there early, to have a mini-picnic with your friends and family and then have a look at the unmissable fireworks right when the clock strikes 12.
The Kite Beach also has a couple of eateries and food trucks for the ones who love scrumptious dishes.
Hosting one of the most remarkable celebrations to welcome the new year of 2018, the city’s biggest themed attraction is going to host 7 Fireworks Show. Each of these 7 Fireworks are going to coincide with the advent of the New Year in the selected seven countries across the world.
The celebrations will truly reflect the theme of “Come Experience the World”. The countdown to the NYE will take place seven times at the Global Village with the scheduled times.
- But, before me make our solid plans, there are few things we all need to keep in mind:
- There are no fireworks at the Burj Khalifa this year, and it is replaced by the laser show. So in case, you’re expecting to view the fireworks, you can ahead to Palm Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab or The Atlantis.
- Al Asayel Street, which is the route from Oud Metha to the Financial Centre will be closed at 4pm.
- The Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard will be closed at 5 pm.
- Around 8 pm, Al Murooj Rotana Junction that leads to the Burj Khalifa will be shut, along with the Emirates Towers intersection.
- The Burj Khalifa metro station will be closed at 10pm. However, if required, the closure could be done earlier, so make sure you have made your way to it. The resumption will be on January 1, 2018 at 5:30am.
- There will be around 67 signs placed near the Burj Khalifa area to facilitate the event area for entry and exit. Make sure you all follow it in order to avoid a stampede.
- There will be no taxis available at the Burj Khalifa area, after the Light Show.
- The Dubai Police will be active on Social Media accounts to give updates on the crowd and traffic congestion.
- There around 23 tents equipped with food and refreshments for the public.
- Make sure you use the public transport to access the venue.
So let’s get together and witness the beauty while we all watch the Dubai sky sparkle brightly and making a path towards World Records!