A Walk Through: From A To A (Sharjah)
It’s quick, it’s simple, and more importantly, can be done regardless of your nationality. It involves a flight usually from Sharjah to Muscat (Oman), Bahrain or Kuwait, and a flight straight back. Let us walk you through it.
Departure Process: From Sharjah
- Head to the 1st floor for a section called “Hala”. Show them your passport and flight ticket. They will stamp your ticket with the words “Visa Change” and “OK to Accept Pax” – for that you will pay a small service charge of about AED 100.
- Head back to ground floor, to Air Arabia section for Check In, and receive your boarding pass.
- Head for the eye scan first (next to check in area), then head up to immigration for the Exit stamp on your passport – the most important factor in this whole process.
- Note: if you have overstayed your expired visa, you will need to pay the Overstay fines first.
- That’s it. Head to your boarding gate and have a safe flight.
Now, you have an exit stamp from UAE, and your new visa can be applied.
Return Process: Back to Sharjah
- If you departed to Muscat, get off plane and wait for flight back to Sharjah (If Kuwait or Bahrain no need to get off plane – return on same flight)
- When you’re back at Sharjah Airport, you wait for your visa approval (if it hasn’t been approved yet)
- If the wait is longer than expected there is a hotel for AED 250 per 12 hours – or you could always wait in the food court and waiting areas.
- Congratulations, your visa got approved? Go collect it from “Hala”, and pay about AED 40 for printing.
- Go get an eye scan then head to immigration.
That’s it you’re free to wander around UAE.