Azerbaijan and Turkey have had long relations that were so strong that these countries were referred to as “one nation with 2 states”.
Azerbaijan and Turkey are countries that have so much in common:
– They are rich in history – Evidence of religious belief
– Languages are from a similar dialect
– The people of Azerbaijan and Turkey have the same origin
– Both are Muslim based countries that mean that both follow the religion of Islam
Yet after so many similarities, both of these nations have their own beauty that lures the tourists.
Let us know the reasons to travel to these countries.
Whether you’re an adventurer or a history-enthusiast, whether you’re old or young, and whatever your faith may be – Turkey is inviting you to discover it!
1. The place where you can ski in the mountains and then take a dip in the Mediterranean Sea.
- The mountains in Turkey are known for its winter sports especially during the month of November. And if you’re tired of mountains, then take a jump over to the magnificent beach towns and it won’t take too long to fall in love with the Mediterranean waters.
2. A diversity of jaw-dropping landscapes that include:
– Magnificent cities
– Gorgeous mountains
– Islands to explore
– Lakes that are mesmerizing
3. There are buildings and cities in the country that are built on some extraordinary locations:
– Monasteries that overlook valleys
– Monasteries that are built on mountains
– A five-star hotel inside a cave
4. Enjoy a captivating sunrise while being on board on a hot-air balloon
- Where else can you take off in a hot-air balloon over a breathtaking landscape of endless mountains, valleys, orchards and vineyards, while adrift in the early morning sky? Discover incredible cave-churches and cave-towns formed by volcanic explosions centuries ago, and simply immerse yourself in this surreal world around you.
5. See the Turkish towns that are utterly charming. Some of which are also partly underwater.
- Some towns in Turkey are so picturesque, that you will not be able to move your eyes off them. Believe it or not, the town of Halfeti actually was halfway under water.
6. Turkey is filled with breathtaking mosques that you can enjoy, both from the inside and outside.
7. Explore unique castles of Turkey that are filled with mysteries and secrets.
8. The place where ancient empires once met.
- Turkey has been home to the ancient empires of Armenia and Persia that serves as a timeless treasure for it.
9. Religion has left a strong mark in Turkey
- Turkey and is known for the diversity of religions practiced by the people who decided to make it their home.
10. You’ll be surrounded by highly treasured archeological and ancient sites everywhere.
– Ephesus in the west
– Ani in the east
WHY TRAVEL TO AZERBAIJAN? Azerbaijan is a real blend of East and West, with a deep and intriguing history. For this reason, it is the most interesting Caucasian country.
1. Azerbaijan has the biggest landscape contrast
- It is home to 9 out of 11 climatic zones.
2. Blame the volcanoes
- Azerbaijan is home to around 400 volcanoes which is half of the world’s mud volcanoes. When the volcanoes erupt, the flames shoot up in the air and pop up with noxious gases which have a very obnoxious smell.
3. A unique national cuisine
- Azerbaijani cuisine is one of the most interesting ones in the East. It is remarkable by plenty of different meat, fish and vegetable dishes supplemented by flavoured herbs and spices.
4. Known as The Land of Fire
• Since the old times Azerbaijan is known as the Land of Fire because of its Fire Temples and Burning mountains.
5. Oil Resort
• Naftalan is a rare type of oil from Azerbaijan that is used only for medicinal purposes and is named for a resort city, and which means “oil buyer” in Azeri. Naftalan resorts provide treatments for more than 70 diseases in healing Naftalan baths
6. Wine routes
- Try not to miss the chance to see the richest in wine tradition areas of the country. Azerbaijani wine is produced in several regions throughout the country.
- Azerbaijan is a delightful place to indulge yourself in shopping. There is no shortage of talented local and creative artisans and craftsmen.
8. Easy, hassle-free visa norms
- Azerbaijan visa procurement is a hassle-free and doesn’t require a lot of documentation.
9. Mountain villages
- The country is home to mountain villages that have interesting histories which are said to be cut-off from each other to produce their own languages.
10. Tour some of the world’s most magnificent monuments.
- Azerbaijan is home to numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites that will leave you mesmerised.