Famed to be the country of Mountains, Meadows and lakes – Kyrgyzstan is the new hub of adventure of Central Asia. It has a bunch of historical sites because of its amazing nomadic culture. Why we said it’s a hub for adventure is because 90% of Kyrgyzstan is of mountains which makes it ideal for walkers, trekkers, riders who love epic scenery with a tinge of adrenaline rush.
We were getting lots of calls for enquiring with us regarding this country, and so we decided to help you folks out with our frequently asked questions.
THE QUICK GUIDE
How much would Kyrgyzstan cost you?
The entire budget for your travel really depends on where you’re staying in and mainly what you’re doing in the country. If you only do a few activities and don’t over spend then a minimum budget of USD$50 per day for two people should be sufficient.
In order to have delicious food and indulge yourself in plenty of excursions, then exceeding your budget should be a necessity. Around USD$60 will allow you stay in Kyrgyzstan and have a comfortable and enjoyable trip.
What’s the cost of the accommodation?
Accommodation in Kyrgyzstan varies. It can be on double sharing basis or tents outside or even musty yurts.
Comfortable homes can be at around USD$10 per night per person.
The cost of food?
Well, backpackers in Kyrgyzstan can find delicious food in Bishkek where there a variety of continental cuisines available. The per day budget can be USD$5.
The currency exchange rate?
The currency is known as Kyrgyz Som and its exchange rate to dollars is USD$1 = 53KYG.
What are some of the must-places to see?
– Bishkek: A cool capital, which is a fun to visit. Be sure to check out and visit Ala-Too Square and the Dordoy Bazaar.
– Issyk Kul: It’s the largest alpine lake in the world. It’s damn popular and is perfect for swimming, hiking or trekking, sun tanning, camping and much more.
– Cholpon-Ata: It’s the main tourist village of Issyk Kull. There are good accommodation choices and excellent treks as well as the views of the Tian Shan Mountains is mesmerizing.
– Karakol: Prime trekking and hiking destination. And is perfect for a multi-day adventure.
– 90 days UAE visa
– Return Airfare
– Airport transfers
What are the documents required?
– Valid Passport copy of the person traveling.
– Hotel vouchers.
– Confirmed return airfare booking.
What are some of the things to do in Kyrgyzstan?
– Horse trekking
– Drink Kumis which is fermented mare’s milk
– Trek over a pass
– Casually stay in a Yurt
– Go for shopping
– Witness Buzkashi
– Simply laze at the beach
What are the delicacies of Kyrgyzstan?
Pros of traveling here?
– No visas. There are over 60 nationalities that can obtain a visa on arrival here for either 30 or 90 days. So, it’s all hassle free. The Visa on Arrival cost is USD$70.
– The people are beautiful. They’ve got a soul of gold. They are warm and genuine and are always happy when they see people visiting their country.
– The culture is way too unique and is alive in the hearts of each and every Kyrgyz.
– It’s very easy to travel here, which is why you can’t take a good advantage of visiting it.
What are some of the Kyrgyz phrases you can use?
Hello – Salam
How are you? – Kandaisiz
Fine, thank you. – Jakshuh, rakhmat
What is your name? – Atyngyz kim?
My name is – Menim atem
Please – Suranych / Otunuch
Thank you – Rakhmat
Yes – Ooba
No – Jok