Are you someone who is keen in encountering with the world that lies beneath our reach, that is right under the beautiful oceans and seas that look magical to our eyes? Do you dream of meeting creatures like sharks and whales and swim in between them while someone takes your candid pictures?
The Ocean – terrifying to some and relaxing for others. And then are some of us who lean in between. Someone who is anxious in to diving in yet scared, but totally curious to discover a world that is totally different from your own.
Considering that 70% of the world is filled with water making it ideal for so many dive sites and places where we can literally explore a world beyond our imagination.
So, don’t waste your time, and head over to the top 5 dive destinations of 2017 that have been picked by us so that you can experience the underwater world with a fabulous diving experience.
1. CENOTE DOS OJOS, MEXICO
- A popular dive site in Mexico, known to have the longest underwater caves in the world. Some of which, have featured in the Imax movie “Journey into the amazing caves”.
- With crystal clear waters, you’d be able to have a clear view of the caves as well as the variety of fishes underwater.
- Best time to dive: November to March.
2. BARI REEF, BONAIRE
- Rated as the number one spot for fish diversity in the Caribbean’s.
- Home to over 3,000 species of fishes which include needle fishes and trumpet fishes to name a few. It is also famous for its coral reefs.
- Best time to visit: August
3. DEVIL’S GROTTO, GRAND CAYMAN
- One of the most popular dive site in The Cayman Islands. It is even ideal for the amateur snorkelers.
- Devil’s Grotto is home to many inhabited tropical fishes like silversides and tarpons.
- Best time to visit: March to June
4. MARY’S PLACE, BAY ISLANDS
- If you’re looking for a breath taking Rocky Canyon to explore, then Mary’s Place has to be on your list.
- This place is famous for cracked and deep canyons that were formed due to volcanic eruptions years ago.
- Best time to visit: February to October
5. PALANCAR REEF, MEXICO
- When it comes to this reef, the star attraction is the Palancar Reef which is breathtakingly beautiful.
- The beginning of Palancar is known as the Palancar Bricks, and from there it’s about three miles of caves, canyons, extends and magnificent gardens.
- Best time to visit: December to April.
IRRESPECTIVE OF THE SPECIFIC LOCATION, YOU CAN ALSO CHOOSE ANY OF THE BELOW 5 COUNTRIES THAT ARE IDEAL FOR DIVING.
A true dive-dream destination is Palau located in Philippines. It has a unique chain of rock islands that makes it bio-diverse and unspoiled.
It is home to 1,500 species of fishes as well an iconic Jellyfish lake where you can take a swim with a hundred of non-stinging jellyfishes.
Take a dive into a fairytale like destination, in the setting of the popular Disney film “Frozen”. With extraordinary diving opportunities and locations, the cold temperature of this destination are going to be worth it!
It is one of the only places in the world where you can experience the thrill of diving with the killer whales—the largest predator in the ocean.
Dream destination of millions of people across the world, Maldives is the jewel of the Indian Ocean. It is home to a diverse range of fishes and reefs that will leave you dazzled.
Along with sandy beaches, alluring waters and leisure, Maldives is also well-known for its diving opportunities.
4. GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
Dive at the Ecuador beauty with an ultimate dive experience, with the widest range of wildlife in the world – sharks, turtles, whale sharks and many more.
There is underwater education also provide in some of the diving sites like Darwin Islands that will leave you awestruck.
A perfect example of adventure with romance and a tinge of world-class diving. It is rated as one of the most affordable diving destinations with an abundance of marine life leaving you mesmerized.
Home to the infamous UNSECO World Heritage site “The Blue Hole” which is known for its reef sharks millions of years old.